Thursday, December 29, 2011

Mind Map

Mind Map, 24" x 24", oil on canvas
This series of abstracts begun last spring just as i was getting ready for my summer on Hornby, so I only did a few before putting them aside untill now.  Anyway they were initiated my a feeling of wanting to discover something "more" or "new" at least to me in painting and in life in general.  Setting myself up for "discovery" in a way.   So i used previously painted on canvas that were lying around my studio with lots of layers of paint, interesting textures and colour and just started applying paint and letting the act of painting without any idea of the intended result.   So allowing what was previously on the canvas co-mingle with new painting.  Very satisfying so far and works well with my rehabilitating shoulder as i paint flat on a table rather than an easel 

No comments: