Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Neighbourhood, Carpet of Blossoms

Neighbourhood, Carpet of Blossoms, 18" x 24", oil on canvas
I have been thinking and wondering how other artists react to deadlines?  One of the pieces I was working on last week (not this one) I was so determined to finish it as I have a show coming up (eek!) all i could think of was completing the painting and I just worked it into the grave, rather than really consider the painting.   Normally if i am having difficulty with a piece i just put it aside and kind of figure it out "casually", while sleeping, or just looking at it passing, when working on another.  But that particular piece NO, i couldnt leave it alone., like a dog with a bone. And so I think reasonable deadlines are mostly beneficial, but sometimes NOT so much.

No comments: